Monday, October 4, 2010

Hi, how are you?

How are you today? Honestly, I don't give a shit. You know I don't care how you are, I know when you respond "good, how are you?" that you don't care how I am either, but it's the accepted way of greeting a complete stranger. I figure that since that's what we've been conditioned to consider to be an acceptable greeting, that's how I'll welcome you to my blog. I've never done one of these before, so it will take a little while to get in to a routine with this. Deal with it, enjoy it, and share it with your friends.

I've worked in technology focused big box retail stores for seven years. I started as a 16 year old high school kid that had never had a job before and I've been stuck in it ever since. Sure, I went to college. I got a degree. I figured that I had my shit together and that I would be able to find a way out. I figured wrong. That happens a lot apparently. This blog is going to be about my retail misadventures and will probably include a bunch of other random happenings in my life.

To start things off, I'll discuss an event that happened the other day while working at Staples. 

It was around 1PM on Saturday when I was paged over to the laptop area to help a woman and her college-age daughter with a computer. As I was walking over I noticed that the daughter had one of those big poles that blind people use to guide themselves. "Not a big deal" I thought to myself, I've worked with blind people before so this shouldn't be an issue. I start talking to them and find out that the laptop is for the daughter that I had assumed was blind. I was confused as to why a blind person would need a laptop and had my doubts about whether she was actually blind. She didn't act like other blind people I have dealt with, she looked at me and at the laptop. Me, being the confused yet curious and devious jackass that I am, found a way to determine if she was actually blind without coming right out and asking. I grabbed a form for the laptop sale and asked her to fill out her information. Her mom looked at me and lightheartedly said "How is she supposed to do that? She's blind!" and then proceeded to fill out the information for her daughter.

Summary:
1. I'm a jackass and asked a blind chick to fill out a form.
2. I sold a laptop to a blind person, that's some serious sales skills.
3. I find all of this hilarious, which means I'm probably a terrible person. The mom and daughter were fun though and didn't mind, so maybe I'm not as bad as I think I am?

I hope I actually have the motivation to update this blog often. Follow it and I'll have more motivation to do so.

kthxbie

No comments:

Post a Comment